3 June 2021
The maskne is a new word resulting from the contraction of the word mask and acne describing the skin problems caused by the wearing of the mask.
Wearing a mask concentrates heat and moisture in the area protected by it. Oils, bacteria and dead skin trapped under the mask tend to accumulate more and clog follicular ostia (pores) in the skin. This environment promotes the appearance of skin rashes such as: papules (small red pimples), pustules (pimples with a white tip) and comedones (blackheads). Aquafolia responds to this need to relieve the maskne.
5 daily actions to adopt to prevent and control maskne skin
Here are our recommendations for combination, oily, acne-prone skin.
1. Cleanse your face morning and night with a gentle cleanser, Soothing Cleansing Essence, formulated with green tea, white tea and red tea extracts. The soap will offer a deep and gentle cleansing.
2. Exfoliate with the Enzymatic Exfoliant step 1 and 2 two times per week. The exfoliant refines the skin texture, removes dead skin cells, reduces the appearance of ostia, conditions and prepares the skin for subsequent products.
3. Follow with the Intensive Regulating Complex for the whole face and the Anti-Acne Gel applied specifically to pimples. The perfect duo to help control sebaceous secretions, hydrate you and reduce inflammation. As an oil-free moisturizer, apply Triple Action Fluid 3A.
4. Change your disposable mask every day or as soon as you feel it wet. For fabric masks, it is essential to wash them after each use.
5. Wash your face at home to remove any residue of oils, sweat and dead skin that has accumulated under your mask during the day. Then apply your skincare products to properly protect your skin.